Even with recent lime shortages
across much of the country, spring is still the perfect time to whip up a bowl of guac for your first porch sits or barbecues of the season. Always a party favorite, our guacamole recipe is a fresh take on the classic dip that has been around since the time of the Aztecs
. We spruce up your average guac by tossing in pomegranate seeds and pepitas. Pepitas are a great source of magnesium, zinc and healthy fatty acids while the pomegranate adds a certain flamboyance you're sure to love. Pair it with some crispy tortilla chips or slap a glob into your favorite burrito, and all will be good in the world.
Guacamole with pomegranate seeds and pepitas
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 TBL chopped cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until it is nearly at your desired consistency. Stir in the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Fold in the pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with pepitas. Serve immediately.
Present your tasty creation with a sturdy sense of class in one of our Small Oval Bowls
, or pair it with chips on one of our Dip Boards
. Both provide the perfect platter for bringing your avocado masterpiece to a backyard snack. Made with love and care in Los Angeles from a variety woods, no two boards or bowls are the same. Get guac'in and stay tuned for more recipes and #foodforthought!
Leave a comment